Our vision is a society in which everybody has the opportunity and aspiration to fulfil their potential
Social Vision in numbers | Since we started...
About Social Vision
Social Vision is a York based consultancy with social values at the heart of everything we do. Our aim is to create better cities for future generations.
To do that, we secure, design and deliver innovative spaces. We tell stories to engage people. We increase the strength and resilience of local communities. And we champion good people doing great things.
You’re here because you want to know more about us right? About pages are so boring aren’t they? With all the marketing jargon and self-righteous grandiose.
So, let’s keep things simple:
1. We are a consultancy made up of a group of friends who want to make the world a better place. We know charities and social enterprises are experts at this, but sometimes lack the time, skills or finances to make the difference they could.
That’s where we come in.
2. We do everything from creating your new website or introducing you to a funder, right through to building community centres and hosting music festivals.
We’re not afraid to roll our sleeves up and take on big, scary projects, or just put the kettle on and listen to a problem you’re trying to tackle and offer advice.
3. We like to do things differently, and spend our lives scouring the globe for inspiration. Working with Social Vision means the incredible work you do is not diluted by all the boring things you don’t want (or don’t have the skills) to do.
Like research (zzzzzzz), writing content (I’m sure you’ve got better things to do with your time), project management (just dull).
But we love all that stuff!
4. (“Oh no, this is the bit where they ask me for money or tell me some astronomical figure I can’t afford.”) Well, first off, we’re not free – like you, we have kids to feed, bills to pay, and memberships to gyms we haven’t visited in months!
But, we’re not greedy, and don’t aim to be millionaires.
You see, Social Vision only works if it is accessible to smaller organisations. So we have day rates that reduce the more ethical your organisation is. The private sector pay our full day rate, which means we can work with smaller or community organisations at a reduced rate.
5. And we’re not just decent people, we’re actually pretty skilled too, with enviable CVs, bags of expertise and qualifications, and most importantly decades of experience working in the voluntary and private sectors.
So we get you, we’ve faced the challenges you’re facing and experienced your everyday struggles and frustrations ourselves.
6. If you’re reading this, it’s because you need a problem solving isn’t it? And you’re wondering “how could Social Vision help me”?
Well, a conversation is free. So let’s start with a coffee and go from there.