Feeding the homeless and more vulnerable people in our city a hearty breakfast six days a week, and offering them advice and support, is what Carecent is all about.
They are currently requesting donations for their big Harvest campaign. Their service is entirely dependent upon donations from supporters, the bulk of which they receive during September and October.
The food and clothing they require is very specific due to the fact that they only serve breakfast. They would love donations of:
- Tinned tomatoes (preferably whole not chopped)
- Tinned meat which can be served cold – ham, spam, corned beef.
- Tinned hot dog sausages
- Baked Beans
- Breakfast Cereal – if possible with long shelf life please!
- Porridge Oats
- Canned fish (especially fish other than tuna)
- Brown Sauce
- Tomato Ketchup
- Instant Coffee
- Marmite / Peanut butter
- Tinned fruit
- Fruit juice
Clothing and Toiletries
- Gents’ socks please – they don’t have to be new, but they do have to be clean!
- Mens & ladies underwear (new / nearly new)
- Jeans (in sizes 30”, 32” and 34”)
- Gents’ clothes (fleeces / jumpers / t-shirts)
- Hats, gloves
- Roll-on deodorant (no aerosols please), toothpaste, shampoo and disposable razors.
- Baby wipes / cosmetic wipes
Items can be brought on a Monday evening between 6-8pm (from Monday September 17th up until Monday October 22nd).
Drop off donations to:
Be Independent, Unit 3 & 4 Geralds Court, James Street, York YO10 3DQ
It would be helpful if you could ring Carecent on 01904 624244 during the morning session (8.30am-10.45am) and let them know when you are intending to make a delivery.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or phone 01904 624244 during opening hours.