Formed in 2016, the Jo Cox Foundation aims to make a difference on the issues Yorkshire MP Jo was passionate about.
The Foundation broadly work across three areas:
- Locally to promote more compassionate and cohesive communities
- Nationally, working on issues across the political divides, such as loneliness
- Internationally to create the fairer and more tolerant world Jo envisaged
I come from Birstall where my father still lives in a care home outside of which Jo Cox sadly lost her life. Since then I’ve sponsored the #RunForJo and was encouraging York friends and colleagues to sign up and run. This is even easier now as it’s still on Sunday 21st June and you don’t have to go to Birstall to do so!
Here is how you can get involved:
- Run or walk 6.5km or 2.5km on Sunday 21st June 2020 anywhere you want (observing social distancing of course)
- If you are on Strava, join our Run for Jo club and sign up for the club events
- Wear your Run for Jo T-shirt if you have one
Email firstname.lastname@example.org the pictures of you running or walking on that day and tag them on social media #RunForJo
The Jo Cox Foundation will email you a digital certificate for taking part!