ESF Community Grants are part of the European Social Fund (ESF) programme and the aim of the fund is to help unemployed people progress towards employment through access to learning and training opportunities.
Funded activities must be aimed at unemployed individuals aged 18 years and over from the hardest to reach communities such as:
- Disadvantaged geographical areas
- Lone parents
- People aged 50 and over
- People from ethnic minorities
However applications will be considered from any community that can evidence deprivation, for example homeless people and ex-offenders.
How Much Can You Apply For?
- Grants of between £5,000 and up to £15,000 are available.
- The funding for the project must be for the full programme cost and not matched to any other funding source.
- An organisation can re-apply, but there is a maximum of £15,000 per organisation in any 12 month period.
Who Can Apply?
Organisations must be small not for profit or charities, based in or providing services in the York and North Yorkshire .
- Company turnover must not have exceeded £1,000,000 in the last three years
- Organisations must employ 20 or less staff (FTE)
- Organisations must not be in direct receipt of funding from the European Social Fund (ESF), Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or Skills Funding Agency (SFA).
What Kind of Activities Will Community Grants Fund?
Any activity that will help an individual progress towards employment and improve employability skills can be funded.
Examples of what can be funded include:
- Staff costs, including administration
- Tutor fees, including freelance tutors
- Participants costs
- Rent and room hire
- Stationary, postage and learner resources
How do I apply?
- Please click here to download an application form in MS Word format
- Please click here to download a guidance document in pdf format to help you complete your application.
- If you would like to talk through your application please get in touch with Sandra Penman – 01423 795306 or email her firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications and support materials must be with us in hard copy format by 4pm on Friday the 14th September.