Are you running a project or organisation that exists to improve a local neighbourhood, village or town? Do you want to recover and rebuild income from trading and pandemic proof your business?
The SSE in partnership with Power to Change have launched their Community Business Trade Up programme. Community Businesses can apply for a £10k grant, accompanied by a free learning programme, to help build back and adapt post Covid, and access a supportive, like-minded network.
The programme is aimed at helping community leaders and activists diversity their income from trading, digitise and adapt to develop a stronger and more resilient organisation.
They welcome applications from all community businesses with priority given to those who meet any of these criteria:
- BAME-led (over 51% BAME leadership in staff or trustees/directors)
- Located in and giving support to black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) local communities
- Located in and giving support to very deprived or disadvantaged local communities
This programme is open to ‘early stage’ community businesses in England – between 1-5 years old that are working towards these criteria:
- Locally rooted – your organisation exists to benefit your local neighbourhood, village or town; your local area is at the heart of what you do
- Accountable to the local community – you consult local people about what you do, and communicate with them
- Trading for the benefit of the local community – you want to increase your income from trading by at least £6,000 in the next year, with profits re-invested to benefit your local community
- Making a broad community impact – what you do engages different groups of people from your local area
The deadline for applications is 1pm, Wednesday 2nd December.
Full details and application form at: https://www.the-sse.org/courses/community-business/