Move the Masses, the charity behind the Move Mates walking buddy service in York, has expanded its offer to include gentle 1 mile walking routes in Acomb.
They have produced printed and online map leaflets so that anyone can take a stroll themselves, and they will also be leading slow, social walks, the first of which is on 7th October.
The social walks are free, with plenty of opportunity to rest and chat, but you need to book a place as numbers are limited.
The charity also have 7 fitness filming sessions lined up next week on the 28th and 29th September, introducing people of any ability on how to use the Outdoor Gym equipment for free in the city suburbs.
- Mon 28th – 09.00 – Homestead Park, Clifton
- Mon 29th – 10.45 – Derwenthorpe, Tang Hall
- Mon 28th – 13.15 – Navigation Road Fitness Area, Foss Islands
- Mon 28th – 15.00 – Fordlands Road, Fulford
- Tue 29th – 10.00 – Churchfields Open Space, Wiggington
- Tue 29th – 12.00 – Ethel Ward Park, Haxby
- Tue 29th – 14.00 – Earswick Chase, Earswick
They will be filming people working out so they can produce videos to show anyone how to safely use the equipment themselves.
Book onto a Film-It session.
If you would like to volunteer as a walking buddy, Move the Masses are always on the look out for new people.