The Belfrey Small Grants Fund has been created by St Michael le Belfrey Church (also known as The Belfrey) a city-centre resource church based next to York Minster, serving the city and region. It provides a resource to support social action work being done by charities in York, especially those working at grassroots and local community level.
The fund provides grants of up to £2,000 for charitable activities that focus on:
- Mental Health
- Young People and families
This Small Grants Fund is part of The Belfrey’s Love York Post-Pandemic Fund, which was set up in 2021, to aid the recovery of the community of York as it emerges from the pandemic. The Love York Post-Pandemic Fund is particularly focused on the areas of poverty, mental health, and young people and families.
- Be supporting people living in York
- Have a management committee with at least 3 unrelated members
- Be a voluntary organisation, community group, registered charity or other not for profit organisation
- Have a bank account in the group’s name (with two unrelated signatories as a minimum)
- Have an annual income of under £200,000 based on current forecast annual income.
The next deadline is 8th November 2022