Staying in the York if you are from the EU

Bec Horner

Bec Horner

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Staying in the York if you are from the EU

It is not too late to apply for the EU settlement scheme.

The EU settlement scheme is designed to offer EU, European Economic Area and Swiss citizens living in the UK before the end of the Brexit transition period, and their eligible family members, the opportunity to protect their residence in the UK after the transition period has ended.

If you’re already a British or Irish citizen, you don’t need to apply to stay in the UK.

Figures published on 28 May 2021 show that 8,490 EU, EEA and Swiss citizens who have made York their home, have applied to the EU Settlement Scheme.

June is the last month in which citizens and their family members, who have been resident in the UK before 31 December 2020, can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

You can apply, for free,  for a Settled Status at

For support, residents can contact: Citizens Advice York for general advice about the scheme, for an appointment call 07496 749 807 (Monday to Friday, 9am till 12pm)

York Learning offer help to complete your online application, for an appointment call 03333 445 675 or text ‘VISA’ to 07537 416 944


Sign up to Social Vision News: the fortnightly newsletter championing good people doing great things across York.

*We will never use your details for any purpose other than Social Vision News

Latest posts