We’ve had the pleasure recently of designing the website, communications plan and press releases for Spark:York, a new street food and social hub in York City Centre.
Spark:York will consist of 15 upcycled shipping containers, arranged over two levels, and designed by award-winning architect Carl Turner, who featured on Channel 4’s Grand Designs, and has previously created similar schemes in London. This will be the first scheme of its kind in the North of England.
Included within Spark:York will be a number of independent, local businesses and entrepreneurs, including:
- Street food kiosks – unique street food not found elsewhere in the City
- Beverage kiosks – serving alcohol and non-alcohol based drinks, tapping into the early evening, European-style way of drinking and socialising
- Retail – selling unique products from small, independent retailers
- Shared workspace – a Hub for socially-minded local start-ups, charities and entrepreneurs, providing hands-on support to help ideas flourish
- Meeting / teaching space – a quiet, private space for meetings or classroom-type events
- Stage and performance area – providing a platform for performing arts and a regular programme of events and activities for York residents
- Public workspace – free wi-fi and desk space accessible to Digital Nomads or people needing a couple of hours’ space in the City Centre.
Find out more at www.sparkyork.com