Louise Wannell, from City of York Council’s Health, Housing and Adult Social Care team has written a short blog for us detailing some excellent drop-in sessions they’re running over the next six months…..
Talking Points are sessions, all around the city, which offer informal face-to-face conversations with Adult Social Care staff. These are for people who are new to adult social care, as well as people already receiving support from adult social care and their carers.
The conversations can help you to consider options, get support, information and advice. The aim is give you easier and quicker access to the help and advice you need.
There are Talking Points at Burnholme, Lidgett Grove, Monkgate Surgery, Oaken Grove, St Edward’s, St Luke’s, The Wedlock Arms, York Explore and York Teaching Hospital with more sites planned.
People who want to talk with experts about their support or care needs, can come along to weekly drop-in sessions at York Explore, Museum Street, on Thursday mornings between 10am-12pm.
As well as seeing our adult social care staff, every month people can come:
- – 1st Thursday of every month to see Occupational Therapists
- – 2nd Thursday of every month to see Be Independent
- – 3rd Thursday of every month to see Community Facilitators.
We and our partners are also holding specialist sessions this year and early next year on:
- – 26 September with York Homeshare
- – 24 October with Specialist Autism services
- – 31 October with Carers Support Workers
- – 28 November with the Alzheimer’s Society
- – 23 January 2020 with YorWellbeing
- – 30 January 2020 with Falls Prevention Practitioners
As well as these drop-in sessions, Talking Points offer pre-arranged, booked appointments with Adult Social Care staff. To book an appointment please contact the adult social care team on (01904) 555111 and they will find a time and location most convenient for you.