Two Ridings Community Foundation are looking for under the radar groups that might be interested in a new funding opportunity.
Funding is available for groups to make a necessary ‘step change’ needed to support them towards sustainability or resiliency. Therefore, you must be able to demonstrate how funding for running costs will help move your work forward. And a Step Change can be something small or big, which helps move the group forward towards sustainability. We have funded admin support, fundraising capacity, IT, training and development for staff and trustees, etc.
Grants are up to £10,000 and deadline is 7th November, any questions please contact Katherine who is included in the email.
The applicant organisation needs to
- Work primarily for the benefit of people in York
- Be ‘not for profit’ (we have additional requirements when considering a request from a Community Interest Company and further information can be found by clicking here)
- Have a governing document (also known as a constitution, rules, memorandum, or articles of association) outlining charitable objectives and with a charitable dissolution clause
- Have a bank account in your group/ organisation’s name with at least two signatories, who are not related to one another ***
- Be locally led and run (including locally constituted and managed branches of national charities)
- Have at least three unrelated trustees, directors or management committee members
*** Two Ridings know this might be tricky for emerging groups so there are ways where the applicant group can have another organisation hold the grant on their behalf. This needs to be someone that knows the emergent organisation and is prepared to do this. Please talk to Katherine about this if not having a bank account is going to hinder an application.